Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Baltimore Inner Harbor

 


Panorama I shot today of the Inner Harbor in Baltimore.  I almost never shoot panoramas so the technical quality of this one is horrible.  It is only 3 of 5 pics that I took, the rightmost 2 pics wouldn't stitch.  It was done on the fly without a tripod and with me not being very careful.  Don't look too closely or you will see a terrible cloning job I did along a bit of the top edge to even out the pic.  Let's call it a "quick and dirty" job.  (Oh, and I discovered after posting this that you can't click on the picture in Blogger and get the full size version like regular pics.  I'm not sure why that is.  Panoramas can be a pain to view and that's probably why I hate messing with them)   I plan on going back this week or next to do a proper panorama of the entire harbor though.   It will depend on weather and sunset sky conditions/look.  It was a fun day though.  This is taken from the top of Federal Hill, where a fort used to be that guarded the harbor and is now a great park.  This is on the south side of the harbor looking north.  I work in the most distant building on the very left of the image and I live (when I am in Baltimore) about 6 blocks on the other side of that tallest copper colored building on the left.  It is about a mile walk from my place to the top of this hill.  The Inner Harbor is a wonderful place full of attractions and restaurants.  I have been doing a lot of 'photo walks' the last few days so expect a lot of 'city life' pictures for a while:o)


(Olympus E-PL2 with Voigtlander 40/1.4 lens - shot at ISO 200, f5.6 I think, 1/320s)

No comments:

Post a Comment